Server Consolidator 7.1
E20766: 'Failed to add printer driver 'HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6'. Printers using this driver may not be migrated successfully. rc=3000. The specified print monitor is unknown.'
E20883: 'Failed to add printer PRINTERNAME. rc=1797. The printer driver is unknown.'
Possible causes for the error listed above:
- The Print Spooler service on the source or target print server may be hung on a null session.
- The printer monitor is not on the target print server.
To resolve this error, please refer the following troubleshooting steps:
- The Print Spooler service on the source or target print server may be hung on a null session. Stop and restart the Print Spooler service on the print server, then retry migrating the printer.
- If the printer still does not migrate, then it may be that the printer monitor is not on the target print server. To resolve this issue, install the print monitor on the target server using print driver installation files provided by the printer manufacturer. The print monitor dll's will be installed on the target server. Then try to migrate the printer again. This error has been reported for the following printers:
- HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 5E
- HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6
- HP LaserJet 4100 Series PCL 6
- HP LaserJet 4100 Series PS
- HP LaserJet 4550 Series PCL 6
- HP LaserJet 8100 Series PCL 6