Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
An error is returned when attempting to view the properties of a user account in the MMC Interface.
Error: 'The container was not found'.
The above error message occurs if there is a leading or trailing space in the user account's Common Name (CN).
In order to resolve this issue in Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) 6.x, please perform the following steps:
- Launch Active Directory Users & Computers.
- Select the user account experiencing this problem.
- Right-click and choose Rename.
- Delete any leading or trailing spaces in the CN field.
- After the space has been removed, launch the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC interface.
- Select the Configuration | Managed and trusted domains node.
- Select the domain in question and click Refresh accounts cache.
After the Incremental Accounts Cache refresh completes, Assistant Admins will be able to view the properties of the user account using the DRA MMC interface.