How do I export user's Exchange 2000 SMTP email addresses to a text file using the CLI?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
The CLI does not have the ability to display SMTP address information, however the SMTP email information can be gathered using any of the following methods:
1. Use the Directory and Resource Reporting Tool to display the mail property of users. Below are the steps to export the SMTP email address to a text file using the DRA Reporting tool.
- Launch DRA Reporting logged in as an account with minimum Built-in Reporting.
- Select File | Enter Design Mode.
- Select Queries from the Objects list.
- Select Create query in Design view and click Open.
- Select the Tables tab in the Show Table dialog box.
- Select the USERS table and click Add.
- Click Close.
- Double-click the $McsFriendlyName and mail fields.
- Select File | Save.
- Save the query as email_address and close the Query 1: Select Query screen.
2. Use the DRA ADSI provider to gather the mail property of a user. Information about the DRA ADSI provider can be found in the Software Development Kit (SDK). Information about the SDK can be found at: https://www.netiq.com/kb/esupport/consumer/esupport.asp?id=NETIQKB311
3. Use the UpdateWin2k.xls to retrieve the mail property of users into an Excel spreadsheet. This Excel application allows the retrieval of properties of various classes (computer, contact, group, organizationalUnit, user) from Active Directory and then the ability to update multiple properties to Active Directory from a spreadsheet. The UpdateWin2k.xls can be found under the ADSI & CLI scripts section of the Knowledge Depot at: https://www.netiq.com/support/dra/extended/knowledgedepot/default.asp