How do I migrate trusts with Domain Migration Administrator?
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
To migrate trusts, refer to the following steps:
- Logon to the DMA console with an account that is a Domain Admin from your source domain.
- Click Domain Migration Administrator in the left pane of the main window.
- Click Migrate Trusts in the right pane of the main window.
- In the 'Migrate Trusts' wizard, you are presented with a list of trusting and trusted domains, from which you select one domain at a time.
- Select Copy Trust.
- DMA must be able to contact the Domain Controller where you are establishing the trust. If a domain controller is not available, the following error will be received:
Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied. (Error code=1351)
- Follow the instructions until you have finished migrating the appropriate trusts.
- For more information about an option, click Help.
When migrating a trust, DMA does not restart the DC in the trusted or trusting domain, nor does it add a registry key to that domain controller. DMA does not send out an agent when migrating a trust.
Please note that this information can also be obtained from Chapter 7 of the DMA & SC User Guide.