Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
Exchange Migrator 2.x
Outlook Web Access (OWA) clients cannot access mailbox after migration.
Below are a few possible causes for Outlook Web Access to deny access:
- The migrated account does not have permission to the source mailbox.
- According to Microsoft, in order for users to be able to access OWA, they need the 'logon locally' right for the IIS server where OWA is installed.Â ThisÂ could be granted via a user and/or group. SID History will also allow this access.
- The migrated account is trying to access a hidden mailbox.
Follow these steps to resolve:
- Translate security for Exchange Mailboxes to allow the target account permissions to the source mailbox.
- Check the 'logon locally' permissions on the IIS server.Â Â If theÂ logon locally right is granted via a group, make sure that group is also migrated with SID History.
- Unhide the Exchange 5.5 mailbox.
For more information about Outlook Web Access permissions, please refer to the following Microsoft knowledge base article:
XWEB:Â HowÂ toÂ SetÂ UpÂ OWAÂ forÂ SpecificÂ Users