Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
An error appears when DMA tries to update the membership of a target group.
DMA is unable to update the membership of a target group.
Error: 'E23684: Failed to find (blank)Â in <source_domain name>, hr=80070057 The parameter is incorrect.'
Error: 'W13697: Skipping group,
LDAP://domain.dom.local/CN=account,OU=MyOU,DC=domain,DC=dom,DC=local, since we have no SourcePath to examine.'
This error can occur when the following criteria are met:
- Groups with SID History exist in the target domain's Active Directory.Â Either they have been migrated to the target domain with another tool or another installation of DMA, or they have been created with the same name.
- The SID History report is run before the migration.
- The effected groups have not been specifically chosenÂ forÂ migration with the current installation of DMA, but the option to migrate associated groups has been chosen during user migration.
There are two solutions for this issue:
- Specifically migrate the effected groups with the group migration wizard.Â
- If you choose to migrate the group without the option to migrate its members, Domain Migration Administrator will still update the groups with only those user accounts that have already been migrated.
- Open the
\Program Files\NetIQ\DMA\Protar.mdbdatabase with Microsoft Access 2000 or later.
- Open the table named,
- Remove any entries where the object type is group and the SourceAdsPath is blank.Â
- Save the changes and close Microsoft Access 2000.
- Re-migrate the users.