How can I upgrade my installation of Domain Migration Administrator?
Can I upgrade directly from Domain Migration Administrator version 6.3 to version 7.2?
Can I upgrade directly from Domain Migration Administrator version 7.0 to version 7.2?
How do I upgrade to version 7.2 of Domain Migration Administrator?
What are the upgrade requirements for Domain Migration Administrator?
Domain Migration Administrator 7.2
Domain Migration Administrator 7.1
When planning an upgrade of Domain Migration Administrator (DMA), you should consider the following items:
- You cannot upgrade directly from Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) 6.3 to DMA 7.2. You must upgrade 6.3 to 7.0 first, then upgrade 7.0 to 7.1, and then upgrade 7.1 to 7.2.
- Similarly, you cannot directly upgrade from DMA 7.0 to DMA 7.2. You must upgrade 7.0 to 7.1 first, and then upgrade 7.1 to 7.2.
- If you have not begun your production migration, rather than perform two or three upgrades as previously described, we recommend that you perform a fresh installation of DMA 7.2 in production.
- If you want to install a newer version of DMA on a TEST machine where an older version was previously installed, you can do the following:
- Uninstall DMA from the test machine.
- Delete the \Program Files\NetIQ\DMA folder.
- Reboot the computer.
- Then, perform a fresh installation of the latest version of DMA.
- Ensure that neither DMA nor Server Consolidator (SC) is running.
- Make a backup copy of the PROTAR.MDB file found in the \Program Files\NetIQ\DMA folder.
- If you have projects that you want to continue to use, make a backup copy of the \Program Files\NetIQ\DMA\Projects folder and its subfolders.
- Upgrade DMA 6.3 to 7.0, then upgrade 7.0 to 7.1, and then upgrade 7.1 to 7.2.
For more information, please see the latest Domain Migration Administrator Release Notes.
The DMA 6.3 license is compatible with DMA 7.1 and 7.2.
You can download DMA 7.1 and 7.2 from the DMA Extended Support site:
If you need to upgrade from DMA 6.3, please contact NetIQ Technical Support.