NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 3.0
NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 5.0
NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 4.x
Error: 'Unable to Import' when trying to import a GPO into the repository.
Error: 'Unable to Create GPO' when trying to create a new GPO in the repository.
This issue can be caused if the SQL server or Database has Case Sensitivity turned on.
This can be checked by: performing the following:
1. Open the SQL tool Enterprise Manager.
2. Expand the Microsoft SQL Servers node.
3. Expand the SQL Server Group node.
4. Right-click the server and select Properties.
5. If the Collation name contains the following: SQL_LATIN1_General_CP1_CS_AS , Case Sensitivity is turned on at the server.
6. If it does not contain the above, expand the Databases container.
7. Right click the database GPO_Repository and select Properties.
8. If the Collation name contains the following: SQL_LATIN1_General_CP1_CS_AS , Case Sensitivity is turned on for the database.
The following query can be run to change Collation to Case Insensitive:ALTER DATABASE Nameofthedatabase COLLATE SQL_LATIN1_GENERAL_CP1_CI_AS.