Exchange Migrator 2.x
Warning - Failed setting property 'member' on object [CN=Distribution List,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=company,DC=com] [HR=0x80070002]
Error code 80070002 translates to the system cannot find the file specified. This is the result of an inaccurate Exchange Migrator database entry. When objects are migrated, the fully qualified LDAP path to the source and target objects are stored in the Exchange Migrator database (EMA). If the object is moved or renamed after migration, this path will be inaccurate. This causes issues with the completion of mailbox migration if the object is renamed using a script during the migration. It can also cause issues with DL membership updates during DL migration, as well as incomplete permission updates processed during the Synchronize and Update Migrated Mailboxes wizard.
To resolve, please refer to the following:
- Undo the object migration using the Undo Mail Object Migration wizard.
- NETIQKB7637 - What is the best practice for performing an undo in an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 migration
- Turn on Diagnostic Logging.
- NETIQKB2201 - How do I increase logging for Exchange Migrator?
- There will now be a log in the \Program Files\NetIQ\Exchange Migrator\Logs directory called EMDevlog.txt. This log file will contain a list of all the members of the DL just prior to the error message.
- Below that you will see a list of all of the members of that DL. If the member is listed as Translated Ref then the member has been migrated. That line will contain the path as it appears in the Exchange Migrator database. This path must accurately represent the path to the target object. If the path for ANY single member of the DL is inaccurate the entire membership update will fail.
If you are using MSDE you can use OSQL commands rather than the SQL Enterprise Manager. For more information on OSQL please refer to Microsoft.
Transact-SQL Overview - http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_tsqlcon_6lyk.asp
For more information on converting error codes please refer to the following Knowledge Base article:
NETIQKB12338 - How to convert into text the error return codes found in a log.