How do I change the service account for Directory and Resource Administrator and\or File Security Administrator?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
File Security Administrator 2.x
The service account being used by Directory and Resource Administrator and\or File Security Administrator should be changed within the Service applet by performing the following steps:
- Launch the 'Services MMC' by clicking Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Services.
- Select the MCS OnePoint Administration Server service, right-click and select Stop. (In DRA 7.x and above, the service name is NetIQ Administration Service)
- After the service has been stopped, right-click and select Properties.
- Select the 'Log On' tab and change the user account and password information in the 'This account:' and'Password:'fields.
- Click Apply.
- Select the 'General 'tab and click Start under the 'Service status:' section.
- Click OK.
Changing the service account information requires the Directory and Resource Administrator service (MCS OnePoint Administrator Server service) to be restarted.