How do I reACL for the source groups to groups that already exist with the same name in the target domain?
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
There are a couple of different ways to accomplish this.
- Migrate the groups using the Migrate Groups wizard
- Select the option to Replace and update conflicting accounts
- This will append any members of the source group to the members of the existing target group
- Do not select the option to Remove existing members from groups being replaced.
- Use the Map and Merge wizard
- Select the source group
- Select the target group
- Complete the wizard
Both of these will create a mapping in DMA from the source groups to the target groups. Then you can use the Translate Security Settings wizard in DMA to translate security on file servers.
An alternative solution would be to import the mapping information into DMA. For more information regarding importing mapping information into DMA, please see the following Knowledge Base article:
NETIQKB9719 - How do I import mapping information for an existing source and target account into the migrated objects table in DMA using a CSV file?