Can Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) merge on a Contact that has been created, manually or via a script, in Active Directory?
Exchange Migrator 2.2 SP1
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
Exchange Migrator 2.3
Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) cannot merge on a Microsoft Exchange Contact. DMA determines conflicts by the samAccountName. By design, Contacts do not have a samAccountName.
There are two possible workarounds for this issue:
- Use Exchange Migrator 2.2 SP1 (2.21) or later to migrate the mailboxes without the mailbox data. Exchange Migrator will determine a conflict with the SMTP address and change the Contact to a mailbox enabled object. This object will then have a samAccountName.
- Migrate the user account with DMA, using the Replace and Update option to merge on the target account.
- Delete the target Contact.
- Migrate the user account with DMA.
- Use EMCLI DIRSYNC (or Microsoft Active Directory Connector) to mail enable the target user object.
For more information on the EMCLI DIRSYNC utility included with Exchange Migrator, please refer to the following NetIQ Knowledge Base article:
NETIQKB1153: What does the EMCLI DIRSYNC utility synchronize?
Note: The request for this type of functionality is being considered for a future release. However, at this time there has been no decision made to include this feature.