NetIQ AppManager 6.x
NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
AMAdmin_SetPrimaryMS fails with an error stating 'Failed to register
To ensure the proper operation of the AMADMIN_SetPrimaryMS knowledge script in AppManager use the following checklist:
- Verify that the management server names specified in the AMADMIN_SetPrimaryMS job are correct.
- Verify that the agent(s) can properly resolve the specified management server(s) by the specified name(s).
- Verify that the agent can properly communicate with the management server(s) specified.
- Verify that the agent machine name matches the machine object name in the AppManager Operator Console. The agent machine name (recognized by the AppManager Agent) can be located at the TOP of the log file MCTRACE.LOG on the agent machine.
- Verify that the management server(s) are properly listed in the AppManager repository. To verify that the management server(s) are properly listed in the AppManager repository, use SQL Query Analyzer or Repository browser to execute the following query:
Select ObjID,Name,Status From Object where ObjID in (Select MachineObjID From MSStatus)
The entries should match with existing Management Servers. If this table is empty you will need to reinstall the Management Server. Re-installation will recreate the proper associations and table entries to correct this error.
See NetIQKB2819 for additional information on this problem: