Can I disable the the Resource Cache Refresh if I have the Browser service disabled?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
The purpose of the Resource Cache Refresh is to verify the availability of computers and resources. It compares the list of computers in the accounts cache with those listed by the Browser service. If the Browser service is disabled, the Resource Cache Refresh becomes unnecessary as all machine will always be listed as unavailable. Also, you may see event ID 14625 in the Application log with the following error:
- The resource cache for domain DC=domain was not successfully refreshed.
To disable the Resource Cache Refresh, please perform the following steps:
- Launch RegEdit and back up the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical Software key.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical Software\OnePoint\Administration\Modules\Scheduler\Jobs and delete the ResourceProviderCacheRefresh subkey.
- Close Regedit.
- Select Start|Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Scheduled Tasks.
- Delete the job ResourceProviderCacheRefresh from the list of scheduled tasks.
In Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x, the ability to disable the resource cache refresh is available in the 32 bit GUI by:
- Open the Delegation and Configuration Console while logged in as a DRA Admin.
- Highlight the Configuration Management node.
- Click on the link Update Administration Server Options... in the right hand pane.
- Click on the Resource Cache link.
- Select the radio button Never Resource Cache Refresh Scheduling Frequency and click Apply and OK.