Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Assistant Admins are unable to see any groups when viewing the 'Member Of' details of a user in the web console.
The issue is caused when there is not a rule defined in the ActiveView delegated to the Assistant Admins that include groups.
To resolve this issue, add a rule to the ActiveView to include the groups that you want the Assistant Admins to see when viewing the 'Member Of' properties of a user (ie. Include all Groups in a domain). To add a rule to include all groups in a particular domain, perform the following:
- Launch the MMC interface while logged on as an Assistant Admin with, at minimum, Built-in Security Role.
- Expand the ActiveView management node.
- Highlight the ActiveViews node and highlight the desired ActiveView in the right pane.
- Select Add objects from the tool menu.
- In the Add objects dialog box, select Include Group and click Next.
- Highlight In Specific Domain, select the domain, and click Next.
- Highlight All Groups and Next.
- Select Groups for Members and click Next.
- In the Add any exceptions screen leave all options unchecked and click Next.
- Give the Rule a name and click Finish.