Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
Error: S31629: Could not open input file C:\PROGRA~1\ONEPOI~1\DCTCache.
This error occurs when using the Retry Failed Migration Tasks wizard.
The original operation was cancelled before the operation completed. Thus, the DCTCache file with the task number was not written, causing the error message.
The workaround is as follows:
- Select Domain Migration Administrator in the left pane of the MMC.
- Click on Retry Failed MigrationTasks on the right hand pane.
- In the Task Selection screen of this wizard, hold the cursor between the Action and Skip/Include column headings so the cursor changes to two vertical lines.
- Click and drag the double vertical lines to the right to display the ActionID column.
- Make note of the ActionId of the task that you want to retry.
- On the DMA console, open Windows Explorer to the following directory: \Program Files\NetIQ\DMA\Logs\Agents.
- Look for a file named DCTCache###, with no extension, where ### is the ActionID of the task to be retried.
- If this file does not exist, copy the existing DCTCache file from that directory and rename the copy to DCTCache###, substituting the ActionID for ###.
For example, if the ActionID is 189, then copy the DCTCache file and rename the copy to DCTCache189, leaving the original file DCTCache in place.
- Complete the Retry wizard by selecting Skip/Include to INCLUDE this task.