Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
An error is received when trying to restart the 'MCS Onepoint Admin Service'.
After demoting the Directory and Resource Administrator server from a DC to a member server, an error occurs when trying to restart the 'MCS Onepoint Admin Service'.
Error: '1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion'.
The application log contains an Event ID 1000 'Windows cannot load your registry file' with a source of 'userenv'.
This issue is a result of the security of the Registry not being able to resolve the Administrators SID.
The above issue can be resolved by rfollowing these steps:
- Log into the DRA server as the service account.
- Try to start the MCS Onepoint Administration Service. If unsuccessful, click Start | Run.
- Enter regedt32.
- Click the Security menu and select Permissions.
- Highlight the Adminstrators group and click Remove and Apply.
- Select Add and re-add the Adminstrators group.
- Close Regedt32.
- Restart the MCS Onepoint Administration Service.