Domain Migration Administrator 7.1
Error: The computer you selected is not running Exchange. Please select a computer that is running Exchange.
After specifying an Exchange server in the Translate Security for Exchange Mailboxes wizard you receive an error.
Several configuration issues may cause this error message.Â Please review the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Verify that the Exchange services are running on the Exchange server that you specified.
2. Verify that you can access the Exchange server via Microsoft Exchange Administrator.
3. Verify that the account you have logged in to the DMA console with has the correct permissions.Â The user account you log on with when you translate Exchange security must have the Permissions Admin role in each Exchange site and configuration container where you want to translate security.Â The account used to log on to the DMA console must be a member of the local Administrators group on that server, must have permission to log to the Exchange 5.5 machine locally, and have the 'Log on as a service' user right on the Exchange 5.5 server.
4. In order to translate Exchange security, Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Administrator must be installed on the computer where DMA is installed.Â It should be the same Exchange 5.5 service pack level as is installed on the Exchange server.
5. Verify that the Remote Registry Service is running on the Exchange server (only applies to Windows 2000 computers).