What are the requirements to translate security for a Network Appliance (NetApp filer) with DMA?
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
The following are the requirements needed to successfully translate security for NetApp filers.
- The account used to translate security must have administrative rights to the machine the agent will be sent to.
- The agent must be launched to a Windows 2000 machine when asked where to dispatch the agent to.
- The filer should be of the NetApp brand or at least have full emulation of NTFS and Net Share APIs.
- Since filers do not support Windows NT backup and restore privileges. To translate security for files on a filer, you must have explicit access to the files.
- It is recommended to provide a Domain Admin account from the domain that the network appliance is a member of when completing the 'Translate Security for Appliances' wizard.