What logs are available with Domain Migration Administrator ?
Domain Migration Administrator 6.x
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) provides three log files you can view to monitor the results of the tasks DMA has performed.
- Dispatch.log - contains activities such as the installation of the agent, the name of the computer it installed to, and that the dispatcher has completed its function.
- Migration.log - contains information about each step DMA takes when performing a migration.
Both of these files are located on the DMA console machine and usually found in \Program Files\NetIQ\DMA\Logs.
- DCTlog.txt - contains information about the activities that are taking place on the target machine such as security translation. This log is located in the Temp directory of the remote computer, typically WINNT\Temp. This is the only log that has an adjustable logging level. The following are instructions on how to increase the logging level of the DCTlog.
Adjusting DMA Agent Error Logging Levels, you can increase the level of logging for the agent installed on target computers. These log entries are stored in the DCTlog.txt file on the target computers. Since increased error logging can create large log files, you should increase the level of logging only during the testing phase of your migration, or while troubleshooting a specific issue.
To increase agent error logging to include file-level details:
- Click Domain Migration Administrator in the left pane.
- On the 'View' menu, click DMA Settings.
- Select Log file-level detail of changes in security translation.
- Click OK.