How do I translate security on a file server at a remote site after users and groups have been migrated using the DMA console at the central office?
Domain Migration Administrator 6.x
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
The procedure involves Exporting the projects from the first installation of Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) and then Importing them into the second installation of the same version of DMA. This procedure assumes a single source domain and one target domain.
- Open the DMA console on the machine that you want to move the project from.
- Right-click the project in the left hand pane of the MMC, and select Export Project.
- Specify the file name and click Save. Do this for all projects where you have migrated users and groups that you will be translating security for.
- On the DMA console that you want to move the projects to, create a new project.
- Select to Import a project.
- Complete the wizard using the file you created during the Export. Repeat this for each project you saved in step one.
- Run the 'Translate Security Settings' wizard from the global level. In other words, select Domain Migration Administrator in the left pane of the DMA MMC , select Translate Security Settings in the right pane and complete the wizard. This is done at the global level so that DMA will be aware of all the users and groups that were migrated in the imported projects.