Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Error: 'Internal error 2351 MCScmn03.dll, Cabs.w1.cab' when trying to reinstall the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC
The above error may occur if a prior installation of the MMC got stuck in a hung state.
To resolve this issue, perform the following:
- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical Software
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\NetIQ and delete the DRA folder.
- Delete the following key (if present):
- Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer select each subkeyand find the one that has the productname=Netiq Administration user interface and delete it.
- Delete the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mission Critical Software
- Reboot the machine.
- Reinstall the DRA MMC.
WARNING: Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. NetIQ cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Make sure that you backup your Registry prior to making any changes.