How do I disable jumping to the NetIQ website from within the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC when an Assistant Admin selects an unavailable Security option?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Choosing (right-clicking) the Security option for a user object in the MMC offers three choices, i.e. Search for permissions in the Active Directory. These choices try to launch either DSA or FSA depending on the choice. See the following article for more information about these choices:
- NETIQKB3836: What is the function of the Security button in the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC?
If that product is not installed, then the Assistant Admin is taken to the NetIQ website so they can download an evaluation of the product.
If you wish to disable this feature in DRA 6.x, follow the steps below:
Note: This is an unsupported configuration.
- On the machine where the web server component is installed, find inetpub\wwwroot\DRAWeb\Admin\lib\js\common\crossLaunch.js.
- At line 9, add two forward slashes before if, so that it looks like this:// if ( !grid.lCrossLaunch )
- At line 42, add two forward slashes before if, so that it looks like this:// if ( !grid.lCrossLaunch )
In Directory and Resource Administrator 7.5, the security commands can be disabled by:
- Launch the Delegation and Configuration Console while logged in as a DRA Admin.
- Highlight the Configuration Management node.
- Select the Update Administration Server Options... link in the right hand pane.
- Select the Client Options tab in the Administration Server Options dialog window.
- Uncheck the Show Security command checkbox and click Apply and OK
The changes above may require the clients to empty the Internet Explorer cache and then re-launch the MMC.