Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Error: 'There is no such object on the server' when attempting to view the properties of a user account using the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC
The above error message is returned if the user account name includes a leading or trailing space in the CN field. Active Directory Users & Computers and the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC does not allow the creation of user accounts with trailing or leading spaces.
In order to resolve this issue perform the following steps:
- Launch 'Active Directory Users & Computers'.
- Select the user account in question.
- Righclick and select Rename.
- Rename the user account so that it no longer includes a leading or trailing space.
- Launch the 'DRA MMC' and perform a Full Accounts Cache Refresh. Full Accounts Cache Refreshes can be kicked off by:
- Expanding the 'Configuration'node and selecting the managed domain under 'Managed and trusted domains'.
- After selecting the domain, click Properties | Schedule.
- Click Full refresh now.
- Click OK.
After the Accounts Cache Refresh has been completed successfully, Assistant Admins will be able to view the properties of the user account in question using the DRA MMC.
Leading or trailing spaces in account names can only be introduced if the user account was created using ADSI or if a migration tool was used. Active Directory Users & Computers strips the trailing or leading space if any, before creating the user account.