Domain Migration Administrator 7.1
Error: E20386: \\computername, Failed to start job computername31225770: (rc=1747) The authentication service is unknown.
This error will be seen in the Dispatch.log located in the C:\Program Files\NetIQ\DMA\Logs directory on the DMA console.
- This can be due to the RPCLocator service not being started.
- This error can also be due to the NT LM Securiy Support Provider service being disabled. It is normally set to Manual and not started. Domain Migration Administrator will start this service for the agent process. If the startup type is 'Disabled' then Domain Migration Administrator will return an error stating 'The authentication service is unknown'.
- This error has also been seen with Windows NT French Version with SP 4. (Please see Microsoft Knowledge base for more information.)
- For more information regarding services required for the Domain Migration Administrator Agent please see https://www.netiq.com/kb/esupport/consumer/esupport.asp?id=NETIQKB1271 .
- The RPCLocator service is installed with the RPC Configuration Service via the Network properties of an NT 4 machine. It is installed with the Client for Microsoft Networks on a Windows 2000 machine.
- Upgrade the remote client to Windows NT SP 5.