Can a Directory and Resource Administrator server be upgraded to 6.50 by rebuilding the server with a new name?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.50
Yes, a reconfiguration and upgrade of this sort is possible but it must be done using the steps below to avoid problems caused by mismatched server names and to prevent loss of the ActiveView and Assistant Admin configurations. The following steps are the recommended path for this type of upgrade:
- Remove all secondary servers from the multi-master set on the primary server.
- Export the HKLM\Software\Mission Critical Software\OnePoint\Administration\Data\Modules\Security key for disaster recovery purposes. Save the key in to a safe location.
- Upgrade the current primary DRA server to version 6.50 prior to rebuilding and renaming it.
- Rebuild the secondary DRA servers. Install the DRA server component on them, specifying them as secondary servers. When prompted for the primary DRA server, specify the upgraded primary DRA server.
- After verifying that the ActiveView and Assistant Admin configuration exist correctly on all secondaries, promote one on the secondary DRA servers and demote the existing (old) primary at the same time.
- Remove the old primary (now a secondary) from the new multi-master set.
- Rebuild the old primary server, reloading it as a secondary in the multi-master set.
- Once the DRA security configuration has been replicated to the original primary, promote it again to return the environment to the original multi-master configuration.