Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Error: 'One or more input parameters are invalid.' When Removing a Computer Account From a Managed Domain
When deleting a computer account from a managed domain using Directory and Resource Administrator, the following error message may occur:
An error occurred removing the comuter_name computer. One or more input parameters are invalid.
This issue occurs if the computer being removed has a shared printer attached to it. By default, the List in the Directory option is selected when sharing a printer in an Active Directory environment, which essentially creates an Active Directory object for it. In this case, DRA considers the computer account a container and thus will not delete it as it is not empty.
This issue has been resolved in the latest release of DRA. To resolve this issue upgrade to the latest version of DRA.
To resolve this issue in version 6.60 and earlier, please perform the following steps:
- Launch the MMC interface as a user with, at least, the power to manage printers on the computer to be removed.
- Expand My ActiveViews|All my managed objects and select Computer views.
- Enumerate the list of computers and select the account with the shared printer.
- Click the Manage button and, with the Printers option selected, click OK.
- Select a shared printer and click Properties.
- Clear the Shared checkbox and click OK.
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for all other shared printers on this computer.
When the steps above are complete, the computer account will now be seen as an empty container by DRA and can be successfully removed from the domain.
This issue is resolved in Directory and Resource Administrator 7.0 and later.