Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Multi-Master Synchronization fails on one secondary Directory and Resource Administrator server
Error: Could not connect to registry on secondary server name: 53: The network path was not found.
There was a problem with the last Multi-Master synchronization attempt. Click to see Detailed Multi-Master Synchronization Details.
The Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) server failed to connect to the secondary's registry. The reason for this failure could be:
- Secondary server name is invalid
- Secondary server is not available
- Access account does not have sufficient priviledges
The above error message is written to the MCSAdminSVC(B).MC8 and is a result of the Remote Registry Service not running on the Secondary server.
Perform the following steps to determine if the Remote Registry Service is running:
- Launch Regedt32 on the Primary DRA server.
- Select the Select Computer option from the Registry drop down menu.
- Specify the name the secondary DRA server in the Computer: field.
- Click OK.
The following error message will be returned, which means that the Remote Registy Service is not running:
Registry Editor cannot access registry
In order to correct the problem described perform the following steps:
- Launch the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC interface while logged in as an Assistant Admin with the Built-in Admin role.
- Select the secondary DRA server computer account under My ActiveViews|All my managed objects node.
- Click the Manage button and select Services.
- Click OK.
- Select the Remote Registry Service from the Services window and click Start.
- Close the Services window.
- Select Administration servers under the Configuration node.
- Select the secondary server in question from the list and click Synchronize Multi-Master from the menu.
- Click OK to confirm the Synchronization.
To confirm that the Synchronization was successful perform the following steps:
- Select Administration servers under the Configuration snap-in node in the DRA MMC interface.
- Select the secondary server in question and click Properties.
- Select the Sync details tab and ensure that status for all Multi-Master Cache list as OK.