Where can I find documentation and information about the command line interface?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Documentation and other information for the CLI can be found in a number of places. The following are good resources for finding information about the CLI:
- DRA and ExA Admin Guide: Appendix C of the Admin Guide contains documentation about the command line interface. The DRA and ExA Admin Guide.doc can be found in the documentation directory (C:\Program Files\NetIQ\DRA\Documentation) or can also be downloaded from the NetIQ website at https://www.netiq.com/support/dra/extended/documentation.asp. You will need your UserID and password to access the website
- Online Help: The information that is in the Admin Guide can also be viewed by accessing the online help. To access the online help, click on Help on the menu bar and select Help on Directory and Resource Administrator. Perform a search for
- CLI Syntax: The CLI actually contains syntax information that is accessible from the CLI itself. To access the syntax information, simply type EA at a command line without using any parameters. By default, the EA executable is located under \Program Files\Netiq\DRA.
- Knowledge Base: Another good source of information with regards to the CLI is in NetIQ Knowledge Base articles. The KB site contains 'How to' and other articles about the CLI. The Knowledge Base can be accessed from the support section of www.netiq.com.
- Knowledge Depot: NetIQ has a Knowledge Depot which contains custom scripts and other customizations that customers or NetIQ has submitted that customers can download. The Knowledge Depot has a section on 'ADSI and CLI scripts.' The Knowledge Deport is part of the Extended Support area for each product on www.netiq.com.