When I perform a user migration I do not want the "user must change password at next logon" selected
Domain Migration Administrator 7.1
Passwords and Related Properties When Domain Migration Administrator migrates user accounts, the product sets the User must change password at next logon property for each migrated user account. If the 'Password never expires' property is set for a user account, Domain Migration Administrator clears this property for that user account. However, if Domain Migration Administrator is set to copy passwords from source accounts, the password flags of the source accounts are preserved. Domain Migration Administrator sets the passwords for the migrated accounts using one of the following options:
- Complex passwords
- Same as user name (SAM name)
- Copy password from source user
Domain Migration Administrator stores passwords for migrated accounts in a tab‑delimited file for administrators to reference. You can specify the location of this file during the migration process. If the password file is located on an NTFS volume, Domain Migration Administrator sets the file permissions to allow access only by administrators. Domain Migration Administrator does not set the 'User must change password at next logon' property for service accounts.
- If the User cannot change password property is set for a user account, that migrated user account will be locked because the user will not be able to reset the password.
- Domain Migration Administrator cannot copy the password for user accounts with the User cannot change password property set. If this property is set, Domain Migration Administrator generates a password for the migrated user account.
- Domain Migration Administrator does not copy the password age property when it migrates user accounts
In DMA 6.3 there is a bug that prevents proper handling of this password flag. To resolve this issue, upgrade to DMA 7.0 or later.
Please note that this information can also be obtained from Appendix C of the DMA and SC User Guide.