What mail objects does Exchange Migrator migrate?
Exchange Migrator 1.x
Exchange Migrator 2.x
Exchange Migrator migrates the following types of Exchange objects:
- Custom Recipients
- Distribution Lists
- Public Folders
- Hidden Objects
Although Exchange Migrator migrates most mail objects, Exchange Migrator does not migrate the following objects:
- Exchange soft deletes
- Exchange System Folders
- Inbox rules
- Mail objects with a blank Alias property value
- NTFS permissions assigned to mailboxes. (In other words, if a client is granted permission to another mailbox by assigning the 'User' permission to the clients Windows NT account via the Exchange 5.5 Admin, these permissions are not migrated.)
- Offline Folders
- Options set on the mailbox Properties Protocols tab
- Out of Office rules
- Outlook forms
- Particular Delegate permissions:
- Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me
- Automatically send a message to delegate summarizing these permissions
- Delegate can see my private items
- Particular Public Folder properties:
- Custom attributes
- Email address options selected in the Specify Migration Options wizard, such as the option to copy the source email address.
- Notes field
- Properties on the Limits tab
- Replication schedule
- Trust level
- PST files and automatic archive settings
- Public Folders between Sites in the same Organization or within the same Site
- Schedule + data
- Schema extensions, including those made for blackberry or fax software
- Single Instance Storage (SIS)
For more information please see the following Knowledge Base articles:
- NETIQKB2203: Does Exchange Migrator migrate hidden objects?
- NETIQKB3478: Can Exchange Migrator migrate Exchange System Folders?
- NETIQKB1367: Does Exchange Migrator migrate In-Box rules?
- NETIQKB5752: Exchange Migrator version 2.2 Hotfix 5752 fixes the problem where the Outlook Address Book (OAB) is not accessible after a migration.
- NETIQKB1371: Does Exchange Migrator migrate the Out of Office Assistant rules?
- NETIQKB1369: What public folder properties are not migrated with Exchange Migrator?
- NETIQKB8145: Can Exchange Migrator migrate Public Folders between sites in the same Organization or within the same site?
- NETIQKB1395: Can Exchange Migrator move Schedule+ data?
- NETIQKB1953: Does Exchange Migrator migrate Single Instance Storage?
Note that all objects are not migrated in every migration scenario. Please see the Exchange Migrator User Guide for more information about what objects are not migrated in a specific migration scenario.