What is the purpose of the SMAuditDB database and how is the data groomed from the SMAuditDB database in Security Manager 3.40 and later?
Security Manager 3.40 and later
The SMAuditDB database is the central storage facility for the Audit Readiness Report information. The following reports retrieve information from the SMAuditDB database:
- Windows NT OS Directories Access By User
- Windows NT TCPIP DHCP Settings
- Windows NT Domain Listing
- Windows NT Security Log Configuration
- Windows NT Security Patch Status
- Windows NT Services Information
- Windows NT System Information And Startup Params
- Windows NT System Log Configuration
- Windows NT Enabled Guest Accounts
The database grooming in the SMAuditDB database does not work by way of different grooming jobs as it does in the OnePoint database. The QueueManager is responsible for adding new data and deleting old data in the SMAuditDB database based on events 1000 and 1001 generated on the agent by the SM Collect Audit Data script. For more information, please review NETIQKB8307, 'How does the Audit Readiness data collection mechanism work in Security Manager 3.40 and later?'