How do I use the Migration Wizards in Exchange Migrator?
Exchange Migrator 1.x
Exchange Migrator 2.x
When you are ready to perform the migration, run the migration wizards to migrate the objects in each project. Exchange Migrator offers two migration wizards: Migrate Mail Objects and Migrate Public Folders. Even though you specify the migration settings for mailboxes and public folders using one wizard, Exchange Migrator migrates mailboxes and public folders separately. Refer to the checklist for your scenario for the order to migrate objects.
Exchange Migrator automatically checks for required files and permissions on the source, target, and console computers before migrating objects. If errors or omissions are identified, Exchange Migrator displays an error message.
Exchange Migrator displays errors encountered during the migration process in the migration summary log file. To avoid errors in the migration process, verify that you have the required files and permissions before migrating objects.
Exchange Migrator automatically migrates permissions and other associated information. If migrated objects are changed on the source Exchange server after the initial migration, you can reconcile objects by running the Synchronize and Update Migrated Mailboxes wizard and the Synchronize and Update Migrated Public Folders wizard. You may also need to run these wizards to see the correct permissions when multiple mailboxes with permissions to each other are migrated at the same time.
To migrate objects:
- Define a migration project that includes the objects you want to migrate.
- Click the project in the left pane of the main window.
- If you are migrating mailboxes, custom recipients, or distribution lists, click Migrate Mail Objects in the right pane of the main window. For recommendations on migration order, see the checklist for your migration scenario.
- If you are migrating public folders, click Migrate Public Folders in the right pane of the main window. For recommendations on migration order, see the checklist for your migration scenario.
- Follow the instructions until you have finished migrating the desired objects. For more information about an option, click Help.
Please note that this information can also be found in Chapter 6 of the product User Guide.