NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
Microsoft VBScript Compile Error
Error: Encountered: <Programmatic Identifier (ProgID)>
To determine if the application is actively running:
- Gather a list of services and/or processes that the application will use from the application developer.
- Verify if the applicable services and/or processes are running on the target computer.
To verify if a process is running:
- Open Windows Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab, click the Image Name column to sort by process name. If the process is running, it should be displayed.
- Exit Windows Task Manager.
To verify if a service is started:
- If your computer is running Windows NT, start the Services application in Control Panel.
- Select the service. The Status column should display 'Started'.
- Click Close.
- If your computer is running Windows 2000, start the Services application in Administrative Tools.
- Double-click the service. The Status column should display 'Started'.
- Click OK.
For further information about using the Discovery_Application knowledge script, refer to the following Article:
NETIQKB282:How do I discover user-defined applications with AppManager, including internally developed applications?