What authentication is required for the Web Console?
The type of authentication that is required is dependent upon whereÂ a DAS (Data Access Server) is installed.Â If theÂ Web Console server and a DAS are installed on the same computer,Â Integrated Windows Authentication or NT Challenge and Response Authentication can be used.Â Â If the Web Console server is not on the same computer asÂ a DAS, the Web Console server must use Basic authentication.
If the DASÂ is not installed on the machine running theÂ Web Console, use Internet Services Manager to change the authentication method on the OnePoint Operations and Reporting virtual directories to Basic Authentication by completing the following steps:
- Open Microsoft Internet Services Manager on the Web Console server.
- LocateÂ the Reporting virtual directory.
- Right-click Reporting, and then click Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Click Edit.
- Clear the Integrated Windows authentication check box.
- Select the Basic Authentication check box.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 3-8 for the OnePoint Operations virtual directory.
- Stop and restart the Default Web Site in IIS.