Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Error: 'There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Directory and Resource Reporting' when trying to export to an Excel spreadsheet.
This issue is caused by a Microsoft Access limitation when trying to export to an Excel spreadsheet. This limitation in Access is for backward compatibility. Microsoft Access defaults to the Excel 5.0 specification, which is limited to 16,384 rows.
For more information see the following Microsoft Knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q201589
There are two workarounds for this condition:
- Export the reports as a webpage and make the reports viewable from the web console. Please follow the steps in this article for this process:
- How to Publish Reports in an HTML Format for Viewing in the Web Console
- Launch the DRA reporting tool.
- Select Reports from the Menu bar.
- Select Filter by domain.
- Select Report on selected managed domain.
- Click on the desired domain.
- Click OK.