Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Error 'hr=800706ba' received when installing a Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) agent to a Microsoft Windows 2000 Domain Controller.
With the 'push agents to all domain controllers' option enabled, one or more Domain Controllers (DCs) fail to accept the agent and generate errors in the Application log on the DRA server:
Event ID 13078 - The domain domain_name has not been registered on the DC dc_name. Failed to get the OnePoint Agent's registration interface.
Attempts to use the EAAgentUtil.exe utility to install and register the agent are unsuccessful and generate errors:
ERROR : 'failed to bind with the SAM on the remote computer <domain_name>, net api rc = 1326'
ERROR: 'failed to co-create instance on server_name'
Two of the possible causes for this error are:
- No Admin$ share exists on the domain controller, preventing the agent installation from completing.
To resolve this issue please refer to the following:
- Make sure that the Admin$ administrative share exists on the Domain Controller.
- Make sure a domain is configured to be managed by Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) and not the DRA server alone:
- Launch the MMC with Built-In Admin' rights.
- Expand the Configuration node.
- Select Managed and Trusted Domains.
- In the upper right pane should be a domain name, if there is not, click Add.
- Leave the radio button set to Manage a domain and fill in the domain name.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK to the domain refresh prompt.
- Make sure that the Domain Controllers have DCom enabled on the them.