Directory and Resource Administrator 6.40
Event ID: '13424 DRA secondary server refresh operation failed, access is denied'.
Replication fails and the following event is created in the application log.
Event 13424, The DRA secondary server refresh operation failed, access is denied.
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MCSAdminSvc
Event Category: MultiMaster
Event ID: 13424
Time: 3:27:00 PM
The DRA secondary server refresh operation failed on DRA_server_name. The error code is hr=80070005=(Access is denied).
This issue is caused by either of the following:
- A third party security product has been applied to the secondary DRA server like ISS. One of the common security settings will not allow access to any share.
- An issue in DRA 6.4 where the call from the Primary to the Secondary to have the Secondary load in the replication files fails due to an inability to identify the powers of the access account.
This issue can be resolved by performing one of the following:
- Update the security settings of ISS to allow the MCS service account access to the secondary.
- Apply the following file to all DRA 6.4 servers in the MultiMaster set:
- Upgrade to DRA 6.5. (DRA 6.5 contains the fix that is in EaObjProv.dll)