1. Check out the knowledge script
2. Save the knowledge script as BackupExec_ServiceDownV8.qml
3. Edit the knowledge script by commenting out the following by putting a single quote in front of each line ( ' ):
If BKUPEXEC_NAMINGSVC <> "" Then
Chksrv BKUPEXEC_NAMINGSVC, "BKUPEXEC_NAMINGSVC = " & BKUPEXEC_NAMINGSVC
Should look like this after commenting it out. Please add a comment as to WHY the portion of code has been commented out.
'This service is non-existent in Backup Exec version 8.x. Therefore, it is unnecessary to check for its status.
'If BKUPEXEC_NAMINGSVC <> "" Then
'Chksrv BKUPEXEC_NAMINGSVC, "BKUPEXEC_NAMINGSVC = " & BKUPEXEC_NAMINGSVC
4. Save the new knowledge script
5. Check-in the new Knowledge Script
For instructions on checking in or checking out a knowledge script via command line, please reference KB article NetIQKB3082