Vivinet Assessor 3.x
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) fails to install causing Vivinet Assessor installation to fail
To determine if file and printer sharing is enabled on your computer follow these steps.
- If your computer is running Microsoft Windows NT, start the Services application in the Control Panel.
- If your computer is running Microsoft Windows 2000, start the Services application in Administrative Tools.
- Look for the service name, Server, in the list. Ensure it is enabled. If it is not, file and printer sharing must be enabled on your computer.
To enable file and printer sharing on your computer, follow these steps.
- Open the Network and Dial-up Connections application in the Control Panel.
- Highlight the default connection. In most cases, this is the Local Area Connection.
- Right-click the default connection and select Properties.
- In the list of components, find File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and check the box next to this option if it is not checked.
- If the service does not exist, click Install....
- Highlight Service and click Add....
- Highlight File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and click Add....
- Click Close to exit.
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine installation fails when file and printer sharing is not enabled.
Formerly known as NETIQKB5756