Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Assistant Admins are receiving 'Page cannot be displayed.' when trying to select any node in the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC.
Assistant Admins are prompted for userid and password when opening the DRA MMC.
The cause of these symptoms is related to selecting Use fully qualified domain names (FQDN) to specify the location of this web server component when specifying managed domains during the installation of DRA.
There are two possible solutions for this issue. The first is as follows:
- Back up the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical Software registry key.
- Launch RegEdit and navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical Software\OnePoint\Administration\WebShare key.
- Change the REG_SZ value FQDN/onepointadmin to <DRAServerName>/onepointadmin.
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical Software\OnePoint\Configurations\Administration\Properties key.
- Edit the REG_SZ value USE_FQDN_FOR_WEB and delete the 1, saving it as a blank entry.
- Close RegEdit.
An additional solution that also has corrected this issue is as follows:
- Launch Internet Services Manager tool on the IIS server with the DRA Web Component installed.
- Expand the server node and then Default Web Site.
- Right-click on the OnePointAdmin node and select Properties.
- Select the Directory Security tab.
- Click the Edit button in the Anonymous access and authentication control section.
- Click the Edit button under the Authenticated access section.
- Click the Browse button and select the specific domain.
- Click Ok twice and close Internet Services Manager.