NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
NetIQ AppManager 6.x
Microsoft Windows SNMP Service
Compaq Insight Manager Discovery Fails with error:
^1001^0^Not Avail.Not Avail^Not Supported^^^^^^
Fault Tolerant Power Supply^1018^Recovery^1013^0^^^^^^^^
To correct this issue, please do the following in the Services Control Panel:
- Double click the SNMP Service to view the Properties
- On the Security tab check the "Accept SNMP packets from these hosts"
- Add the IP addresse(s) to the list
- Verify that on the server that you are trying to do a CIM Discovery that the Community Name entered under Accepted Community Names is correct. Also note that the Community Name is case-sensitive.
- If your SNMP Service is also configured to "Accept SNMP Packets from These Hosts" be sure both the localhost agent and management server host/IP names are added there.
- Make sure that the Community Name is listed under:
- Start the SNMP Service.
- Before you run the CIM Discovery Knowledge Script on the server, in AppManager Security Manager make sure that the server's SNMP Community string matches the Community Name above. Also verify that the files MGMTAPI.DLL, SNMPAPI.DLL, and MIB.BIN exist in the Windows\System32 directory of that server.