Workstations, both Windows NT and 2000, are not available for selection.
Domain Migration Administrator 6.x
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
There are several possible causes for this issue:
- The DMA Setting 'List only computers that are NT/2000 servers' is selected.
- The domain that the DMA console is a member of is not trusted by the source domain.
- The account logged on to the DMA console does not have administrative rights to the source domain.
- Slow network connectivity is delaying the return of the machine list
To resolve or verify the Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) Setting:
- Click Domain Migration Administrator in the left hand pane
- Right-click Domain Migration Administrator
- Select 'View'
- Select 'DMA Settings'
- Clear the List only computers that are NT/2000 servers checkbox
To resolve the Trust issue:
- Use Active Directory Domains and Trust, User Manger for Domains or NETDOM to establish two one-way trusts are in place between source and target domains.
To resolve the administrative account issue refer to the following knowledge base article:
- What is the best practice in terms of logon account permissions necessary to successfully migrate computers?
To resolve the network timing issue:
- Allow time for the Select Objects screen to populate.
DMA is using the SAM accounts database in the source domain to populate this list. It is not using the browse list.