Exchange Migrator 1.x
Exchange Migrator 2.x
Exchange Migrator does not completely update mailboxes that fail on the first migration.
The migration stopped with an exception error, or the MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION error occurred.
To assess the current status of the copied objects perform the following steps:
- Verify whether or not the source mailbox was hidden (if that option was selected during the Migration Options).
- Verify whether or not the source mailbox has a --migrated-- appended to the smtp address.
- This occurs when a custom recipient is created in the source during an InterOrg migration.
- This occurs if the option to 'Keep source email addresses' is selected in an IntraOrg migration.
Some of the steps above could be resolved by manual intervention. However, if you are needing to correct this for a large number of mailboxes, the recommended process is as follows:
- Undo the failed mailboxes.
- At this point Exchange Migrator should return the license for the migrated mailbox
If you are only interested in bringing over the failed mailbox data, you can use the Synchronize and Update Migrated Mailboxes wizard to bring over the messages and any mailbox folders that were not migrated.