Exchange Migrator 1.x
Exchange Migrator 2.x
Scenario: Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Organization to Microsoft Exchange 2000 Organization.
The following is considered "best practice" for a staged migration with source and target Exchange organizations that have multiple sites:
- Identify what site will be the last site to be migrated in your entire migration plan.
- Create a project for each site.
- For the identified last site ONLY (from step 1 above): Use the TWOWAY direction for the Direction switch in the EMCLI DIRSYNC command.
- This will allow any new mailboxes that are created in the target to be accessible from the mailboxes still on the source.
- The source Organizations directory replication service will propagate the source CR that is created in the source to all sites in the source.
- Although not required, this will allow you to decommission each site when the migration is complete for that site.
- NETIQKB1268: What is considered a general best practice outline for a staged Exchange Migrator migration between Organizations?