NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
To clear this information and have the Agent receive current\new job information, you can cold start the Agent services.
Stop the netiqmc (NetIQ Client Resource Monitor) and netiqccm (NetIQ Client Communication Manager) services on the target Agent host.
Remove the files from the \Netiq\AppManager\dat\mapque directory.
Restart the netiqmc and netiqccm services with the -oa option, which clears the Local Repository of the Agent.
To restart the NetIQmc (3.x) or NetIQ AppManager Client Resource Monitor (6.x,7.0.x) service:
- If your computer is running Windows NT, start the Services application in Control Panel.
- Select the NetIQmc or NetIQ AppManager Client Resource Monitor service.
- Click Stop.
- Type -oa in the Startup Parameters.
- Click Start.
- Click Close.
- If your computer is running Windows 2000, start the Services application in Administrative Tools
- Double-click the NetIQmc or NetIQ AppManager Client Resource Monitor service.
- Click Stop, in the Properties window.
- Type -oa in the Start Parameters field.
- Click Start.
The cold start option clears any Job information stored in the Local Repository (Local-Repository.mdb) on the target server. If there are any Jobs running against this target server (displayed in the AppManager Operator Console in a Running status), the cold-start may cause these Jobs to stop and may generate an Event message with a "MC Can't Locate Job" error. If this should occur, restart the Jobs in question to populate the Job information back to the Local Repository.