How do I uninstall an agent immediately?
You may remove an agent from a computer immediately. You may opt to remove the agent immediately if you do not want to wait for the Agent Manager to automatically remove it during the next Managed Computer scan. Agent Managers uninstalls unnecessary agents after the uninstall delay period. The 'Uninstall Now' procedure removes an agent immediately and excludes the computer from the Managed Computers list. For more information, see Configuring Global Agent Manager Settings in the User Manual.
To uninstall an agent immediately refer to the following steps:
- Expand 'Operations Manager' in the left pane.
- Expand 'Configuration' in the left pane.
- In the left pane , click Agent Managers.
- In the right pane, click the Agent Manager responsible for the agent you want to uninstall. For more information about determining the Agent Manager responsible for an agent, see Monitoring the Agent Status of a Component Computer.
- Click Action on the menu bar.
- Click View Managed Computers in the 'Action' menu.
- Click the computer with the agent you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall Now.
- Click OK.
An Agent Manager cannot uninstall agents that were manually installed, such as outside a firewall, unless the Agent Manager has been granted control of the agents. For more information about uninstall manually installed agents, see the Installation Guide.