How do I prepare or save a task to run with the Domain Migration Administrator Command Line Interface (CLI)?
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
Domain Migration Administrator gives you the ability to complete all steps in a wizard and save it as a task to be performed at a later time. This is especially useful for administrators who would like to run a migration task during off-hours while users are not on the network. The following steps will guide you in creating the task and give you the actual syntax to run the task. Using Task Scheduler, or any third party scheduling software, run the CLI command as a batch file to run the task.
Execute the following steps in the order listed:
- Create a project and turn the Delegation mode 'On'. (Simply click 'Off' next to the words Delegation mode: from inside the project interface.)
- Execute Step 1: Select Objects and Step 2: Specify Migration Settings from the Defining the Project section of the project
- Execute Step 2: Migrate User Accounts and Step 3: Migrate Group Accounts. (The idea is to run the migration as if you were doing it at that time, the delegation mode prevents it from actually running).
- Turn the Delegation mode 'Off' and exit DMA.
- At the command prompt, change to the directory where the DMACLI.exe is stored (usually c:\Program Files\NetIQ\DMA). Type 'DMACLI'.
- To list the projects, type 'DMACLI ListProjects'.
- To view the task in the project, type DMACLI ListTasks /Project:<Project_name> (Use double quotes around project names with spaces).
- To run a particular task or actionID, type DMACLI RunTask /Project:<project_name> /Task:<actionID> /Credentials:<domain\username> /p:<password>
Please note that saved tasks are not deleted from the database and may be reused. However, saved tasks may not be edited. Please create a new task with the edits you desire.
Please note that this information can also be obtained from Chapter 6, 'Delegating Migration Tasks' of the product User Guide, and also in Appendix B, 'Using the Command Line Interface'.