How do I configure an ActiveView to allow Assistant Admins to control print jobs?
Assistant Admins do not see print jobs in the print jobs window.
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
An Assistant Admin delegated a role that includes powers for managing print jobs and print queues may not see any print jobs in the Print Jobs window.
For version 6.x, the Print Jobs window is accessed in the NetIQ Administration MMC using the following steps:
- Expand My ActiveViews and select an ActiveView managing computer objects.
- Expand Computer views and navigate to and select the print server.
- Click the Manage button at the top of the screen, select Printers and click OK.
- Select the printer in question and click the Manage jobs button at the top of the screen.
For version 7.x, the Print Jobs window is accessed in the Account and Resource Management Console using the following steps:
- Expand All MyManaged Objects | Domain Name | Computers.
- Right click the print server and select Manage | Printers.
- Highlight the printer you wish to manage and click the Manage Print Jobs button.
Assistant Admin is unable to see any print jobs in the print jobs window while someone with the Built-in Admin, or DRA Admin role managing the same printer is able to see them.
The ActiveView definition does not include the correct printer objects on the correct print servers.
The solution is to create an additional rule for the ActiveView to include print jobs on the specific print server(s).
For DRA version 6.x follow these steps:
- In the NetIQ Administration MMC, expand the ActiveView management node on the left pane, then select ActiveViews.
- With the ActiveView highlighted in the right pane, select Add objects from the menu.
- Select Custom rule and click Next.
- Select Include and click Next.
- Select Print Jobs and click Next.
- Select the domain or OU criteria as appropriate and click Next.
- Select the computer criteria including the print server (or servers) to be managed and click Next.
- Specify the specific printer or printer wildname as appropriate and click Next.
- Specify a name, then select Finish.
For DRA version 7.x follow these steps:
- Open the Delegation and Configuration Console.
- Expand Delegation Management | ActiveViews.
- Double click on the ActiveView in question.
- Click on the Rules tab.
- Click Add and select Object that matches a Rule...
- Select Print Jobs.
- Specify the printer, computer, OU, or domain criteria as appropriate and click OK.
- Click OK again to finish.
The Assistant Admin should now be able to see and manage print jobs according to the roles and powers he has been given.