How do I rename a project in Exchange Migrator?
Exchange Migrator 1.x
Exchange Migrator 2.x
You will need to have already loaded the Enterprise Manager tools in order to rename your project. To rename a project in the Exchange Migrator database (default name for this database is EMA) please follow the steps below:
- Open SQL Enterprise Manager.
- Open the EMA database.
- Open the Tables node.
- Right click on Projects table.
- From the menu select Open Table | Return all rows.
- Find the project that you wish to rename in the projectName column.
- Rename the project. Please be sure to use only valid characters in your project name
- Close the Projects table and SQL Enterprise Manager.
The next 2 steps are optional. These changes are only necessary if you want to preserve reports in projects that have been previously generated.
- Under the Exchange Migrator directory, located by default at C: \ Program Files \ NetIQ \ Exchange Migrator, there will be a directory for each individual project. Rename the appropriate directory to the same name that you used in the Exchange Migrator database.
- In the registry under the ExchangeMigrator key, HKLM \ Software \ NetIQ \ ExchangeMigrator, there are keys for all of the projects where reports have been previously generated.
After following these steps, close and reopen Exchange Migrator to refresh the project list. At this time, the project will be renamed and fully functional.